<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 27, 2005


My first laminated bow glue up. It's a white oak board bow I started in 2000. It's been in the hot box for a couple of years. I glued a strip of bamboo on it. The bamboo and the rubber strap holding it on were a gift from Chris Parker. I thinned the bamboo a lot because I thought it would overpower the white oak. It was tillered with stiff tips so I put all the pressure for bending near the tips. It's reflexed 3 inches. The bottom limb is on the right. It's shorter and stiffer, so I put more pressure on that side to even out the overall reflex. Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Glad to see somebody do something with that bamboo. What did you use for the glue? Any chrysals in the oak yet?
Chris

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 AM  

Hey Chris,
I used plain old Titebond glue. I've been keeping it in the hot box to make sure it's cured. I have not tried to tiller yet. I am going to trap the bamboo before tillering and hopefully I WON'T get any chrysals. The bow is not really wide enough for a lot of pounds. I was going for about 35 pounds for my wife's bow. I may go for 40-50 pounds since it has the bamboo back now.

By Blogger Steve Harville, at 4:33 PM  

Well, now that you got a little more time before my bow bee you can maybe get it done before we get together.
I'll e-mail ya with some other questions about the 'boo.
Chris

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

I started back working on it Saturday. It's tillered to about 4 inches on a long string. Looking good so far, no set.

By Blogger Steve Harville, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?