<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

I only saw two deer and a few turkeys, but enjoyed myself. Weather was great. I almost froze Saturday night until I went to bed. I had the tent under a new tarp to block the wind and I used the rain fly. I put on all my clothes and zipped up the sleeping bag this time. I was nice and warm, slept all night. I heard something that sounded like an elk early Sunday. I ran out of coffee and most of my propane. Some more people have figured out how to hunt in "my" area. I saw them coming in, but they bypassed most of the good hunting areas. I did a little scouting mid day and practiced shooting from a sitting position. I don't like carying a lot of stuff and I'd rather sit on the ground instead of a stool. I saw a good many tracks but I have to figure out some good ambush spots. The rain came in this morning so timing was perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?