<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 18, 2004

I worked on the hickory bow from the inner split some this weekend. It's sanded out, the leather is shaped for the grip/arrow rest. I dyed it green. My wife had a fit because it was supposed to be her bow. I will give it to the landlord's son who has asked for one. I got inspired to start on a couple of osage bows after seeing John Scifre's Bow Roughout post. I got a bandsaw last spring to use for splicing. I haven't had the guts to use it on my staves though. I decided to try it on some billets and a stave I'm working on. It worked out OK. I would not recommend it unless you have a lot of wood. I cut through too far on one billet when I took off the sapwood.
These billets have aged since 1997 and have been in my hot box for about 6 months. The wood is real dry and the rings pop off niceley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?